So are you a student or business professional who needs to take a lot of notes and web clippings on the go? If yes, then this exhaustive list for the best tablets for OneNote and similar note-taking apps is hand written for you.
You will be surprised how effectively you can use technology to ease out your work and productivity related tasks.
Tablets are very interesting devices in the sense that they are discreet devices and can help you do specific tasks such as entertainment, reading or in this case note-making effectively.
In this post, let me cover a big domain of users who would want to take handwritten notes or otherwise on their tablets.
In the subsequent sections, I will list out the 10 best tablets for OneNote or similar note-taking apps that will make your life easier.
But before we go ahead and see what those are, it’s very important to learn what makes a tablet good for OneNote or note-taking so that you can make a wise choice while picking the tablet.
What Do You want Out Of Your Tablet?
So here is the deal.
You need to arrive at some conscious conclusions here.
Let’s begin with the obvious question.
Do you want a tablet for the sole purpose of taking notes and using with applications like OneNote?
Or do you also want to use this tablet for purposes like gaming and entertainment.
While it is true that most of the tablets that we are going to discuss here will handle entertainment and gaming tasks with ease but the clear you are with what you need, the easier it will be to choose the best tablet for OneNote.
If you know what you want, it can help you save some cash which otherwise you will have to invest if you choose to get a high-end tops specs tablet.
So an answer to this question will in a way help you lock the budget that you are willing to invest in your tablet.
What Operating System Are You Comfortable With?
If you are considering a tablet for specific tasks as making notes, its important that you choose your OS environment wisely.
Because it is clear that you are going to spend a lot of your time with your tablet for it being an educational note-making tablet.
Fortunately, there are a lot of incredible tablets that run on all popular operating system viz. Android, iOS, and Windows.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to pick among the three given the fact that there are so many options available.
But that is precisely why I am here now, arent I?
A good thumb rule is to go for an OS you are most comfortable with.
And because we are going to choose the best tablet for OneNote, getting more work done is more important than being hung up on what OS you want in your tablet.
I will list out all the options for you in the subsequent list.
Should You Get A Stylus For Your Best tablet For OneNote?
Once again if you are shopping for the best tablet for OneNote, a good stylus for obvious reasons must be your top priority.
The included styluses allow you to draw, sketch, doodle, and take notes while you are in the class or travelling.
Most modern styluses are also getting technologically enhanced so as to include features like pressure sensitivity which basically means they will respond in output with respect to how much force you use to sketch, paint or write.
This makes them come very close in behaviour to an actual brush, pencils and pens.
The best part is now there are a lot of options with stylus available in the market on which you can get your hands on.
All of these tablets come with any operating system you prefer to be a part of.
In the list you are going to see next I have gone ahead and chosen the best tablets for OneNote with respect to all the parameters that we just discussed.
I have also covered a variety of budget ranges so that everyone who is reading this post will have one option to pick from by the time you have completed reading the post.
Arranging the post in this sense is also to let you know that best tablets for note taking with stylus doesn’t necessarily need to be expensive.
One important thing to note here is that most of the times iPads do not come with a stylus.
With that said more often than not you will find deals that have the Apple Pencil included.
So if you decide to go with an iPad make sure to check if the stylus is bundled with your purchase.
With all the factors listed I have also used parameters like resolution, writing area, pressure sensitivity etc. to make your decision making easier.
So without any further ado let’s look at this comprehensive list of best tablets for OneNote and Note Taking in general that will increase your productivity and ease your learning process.
- 12.9-inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- A12Z Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner
- 7MP TrueDepth front camera
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
The Apple iPad Pro is probably pound for pound the best creative tablet that you can get for yourselves.
Yes, most definitely it comes with a price point almost equivalent to a high-end laptop, but in this case my friend,with the new iPad you really get what you pay for.
The sweet combination of edge-to-edge liquid retina LCD display with Pro motion and A12Z is challenging high-end desktops in performance.
The 12.9 or 11 inch screen offered by the two different versions of the iPad provide sufficient workspace for you to doodle, write or draw.
There are a variety of different storage options availableranging from 128GB to 1TB.
For students just to be on the safe side 512GB version should do well.
For business professionals and creatives I highly recommend the 1TB version.
Storage goes out fast these days as I am sure you must have realized.
Talking about storage with Wi-fi support and gigabit LTE connectivity, you can access cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Docs and iCloud without an internet network.
- Next gen, best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both usb c and usb a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won't weigh you down — ultra slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life upto 10.5 hours, Plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
I discussed Microsoft’s surface product unveil at great lengths in this post.
Go ahead and check it out.
The latest iteration to the surface line up is Surface Pro 7.
In terms of the extent of upgrades there are not a number of new bells and whistles applied to the SP7.
However, the stability and overall performance of the system with respect to what we need here is aptly fulfilled by the SP7.
For creators and students who are well versed with the Windows Operating System the Surface Pro 7 is an enticing pick.
You will be able to run Creative Cloud apps like Photoshop CC without a glitch.
So, if you can run creative applications without a hiccup, business professionals and students will hardly find any complaint with the tablet.
And of course, you will be able to use the tablet-cum-laptop with Microsoft’s own Surface stylus pen.
The reason why I am calling this a tablet-cum-laptop is because of two reasons.
- Microsoft via their surface devices didn’t leave a single opportunity to let us know that this is indeed how they want us to see the surface products.
- And with the Intel-quad core chip inside the device is of the same variety that you generally find in a laptop.
So with windows at its core you are getting a powerhouse that can sail through tricky filters and load complex apps with ease.
All that and the inherent capacity to connect any suitable peripheral required makes this one of the best tablets for note-taking.
- The 2-in-1 that’s your all-in-one. Instantly transform your Android tablet into a PC desktop experience when you attach the keyboard with built-in trackpad.
- Power to multitask. Thanks to the speed of the fast mobile processor, rapidly switch between apps and tasks or immerse yourself in graphic-intensive games. Plus, get PC-caliber internal RAM.
- All-new S Pen included. Now the included S Pen lets you pause and skip at the press of the button. Plus, you can still mark up papers, sign docs and take notes. The S Pen even attaches magnetically for easy storage and charging.
- Light on weight. Heavy on entertainment. With a spectacular edge-to-edge super Amoled display, superior graphics and quad speakers tuned by AKG, get drawn into immersive games—all on a 2-in-1 that only weighs about a pound.
- More hours of power. With up to 15 hours1on a full charge, you can create and edit all day, plus enjoy continuous browsing and streaming. Then quickly recharge the Fast-Charging battery. Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps). Camera resolution (front) - 8.0 MP
Now that we have looked at an iOS and a Windows option for the best tablets for OneNote and note-taking, let’s move our attention to probably the best Android tablet for note-taking that you can get for yourselves.
Over the years Galaxy S has seen enticing improvements and it seems Samsung has stayed true to its promise of upgrades and improvements.
The stunning AMOLED Display provides an image quality which gives Apple’s iPad a run for its money.
A powerful processor keeps the Android environment and any complex app you throw at it run smoothly.
All these stunning features including the S-pen makes this android tablet ideal for business owners, creative professional, artists and students alike.
A point of heated discussion among the masses is that of the missing headphone jack but apart from that if you are bent on having an android environment for note-taking, Galaxy S6 is probably what you need to hit for.
- THINNEST AND LIGHTEST: At less than 2 lbs, it's the world's thinnest and lightest 2-in-1 android tablet *Based on Lenovo’s internal analysis as of 8/18/16 of 10.1” or greater 2-in-1 computers (sold with keyboard)
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: This portable computer has a 64GB SSD hard drive and 4 GB LP DDR3 of RAM, plus an epic 15 hour battery life on one charge
- PRODUCTIVITY: Instantly digitize your notes with the Real Pen stylus or transform your device into a notebook computer with the Halo keyboard that appears only when needed
- THEATER-LIKE MULTIMEDIA: This 10 inch tablet has a Full High Definition crystal-clear touchscreen display plus built-in dual speakers perfect for binge-watching TV and movies on-the-go
- ENDLESS OPTIONS: Do more with one notebook - type, take notes, browse the web, even draw
So, the next in line for the best tablets for OneNote and note-taking is the Lenovo Yogabook.
And yes, if the first look confuses you, you are not alone.
Lenovo Yogabook is a tablet-laptop hybrid that comes with a capacitive keyboard which doubles itself as a writing or drawing surface which enables me to put this tablet in this position to being a great tablet for note-taking.
The main surface is a 10.1 inch, a massive 16.7 million colours, 1920 X 1200 display which makes the tablet enticing enough for all seekers looking to take notes and doodling/drawing.
Talking about taking notes, the digital halo surface which despite of the traditional keys is pretty accurate.
Which means you can use the tablet as a fancy new laptop that everybody gets attracted towards.
But if you prefer the old-fashioned way of going the pen route you can easily do that by doodling away on your secondary screen or halo surface.
I know there may be some reluctance to get the Lenovo Yogabook given the fact that it’s 180-degree foldback pattern can make it look chunky with respect to the other tablets for note-taking we discussed here.
But this shouldn’t be a problem with students if the tablet is the only thing that you will have to carry on your backpack.
And this unique proposition offered by Lenovo is worth considering if you are looking for a tablet that can act as a laptop if you wish it too.
- 【2.5D Glass Display】Curved-edge 2.5D curved glass is now available on M5 Android tablet. You will never worry about missing a detail with 10.8’’ 2560 x 1600 high-res display. The 82% screen-to-body ratio means you can enjoy a wider view than before
- 【Excellent Sound】Quad stereo speakers tuned and certified by Harman/Kardon provide a paramount audio and video experience, as well as support HiFi headphones.The HUAWEI Histen audio creates a perfect sounds cape to give you 3D sound that is richer, more layered and penetrating
- 【Pure. Simple. Stylish】M5's curved metal body creates an elegant and beautiful industrial design that is remarkable for its simplicity. M5 android tablet that boasts a proprietary Kirin 960 series octa-core chipset and stable Wi-Fi network connectivity. F2.2 & 13 MP Rear camera；F2.2 & 8 MP Front camera. 4G RAM+ 64G ROM. M Pen included
- 【Quick Charge】It takes only 2.9 hrs to get M5 Pro fully charged. Its 7500 mAh (TYP) battery and Smart Power-Saving technology allow you to enjoy 1080P videos to 11 hours.(Depending on the using environment, such as screen brightness)
- 【Smart UI】EMUI 8.0 (Based on Android 8.0), Advanced fingerprint recognition
Everyone knows Huawei has a huge network of products in different tech departments for every budget.
Tablets are no exceptions.
Huawei offers tablets ranging from basic models to high-end power houses capable of out performing rivals in various aspects.
The Huwei MediaPad M5 Pro for example, won’t be too heavy on your wallet like the other options we saw above and is genuinely a good option if you are looking for a tablet to take notes on.
There are a very few tablets out there that can match the combination of great screen and power that this device is offering.
The sleek and light aluminium frame gives the tablet an easy-going professional outlook.
What is also worth noting is that true to its nature of producing tech for all segments Huawei has recently launched a lower spec version of the M5 Pro for kids called the Huawei M5 lite.
- 【Excellent Performance】2019 HUAWEI MediaPad M5 lite tablet features a Curved-edge 2.5D 10.1-inch 1080p(1920 x 1200)display. For an even better viewing experience, HUAWEI ClariVu technology further enhances display brightness and clarity. Kirin 659 and stable Wi-Fi network connectivity. 8 MP Rear camera; 8 MP Front camera. 3G RAM + 32G ROM HDD(expandable microSD to 256GB)
- 【Excellent Sound】Co-engineered with Harman Kardon, the tablet's quad-speaker system delivers fine-tuned and precisely optimised concert hall audio effects, more bass, and less distortion. Great sound immerses you into the scene. The HUAWEI Histen 5.0 stereo audio creates rich soundscapes to provide you with multi-layered and penetrating 3D surround sound.
- 【Pure. Simple. Stylish】Its gentle, minimalist curves provide a luxurious look, while its slim, lightweight design delivers a spectacular hand-feeling. Equipped with advanced 2048-layer pressure sensitivity, the HUAWEI M-Pen lite Stylus (NOT INCLUDED) enables you to naturally jot down notes and write memos with full responsiveness.
- 【Quick Charge】It takes only 2.9 hrs to get M5 Lite fully charged. Its 7500 mAh (TYP) battery and Smart Power-Saving technology allow you to enjoy 1080P videos to 12 hours.(Depending on the using environment, such as screen brightness)
- 【Smart UI & Eye Friendly】This Tablet features EMUI 8.0 (Based on Android 8.0). HUAWEI MediaPad M5 lite offers an enhanced eye-comfort mode that effectively reduces harmful blue light and provides smart reminders when the device is too close to your child's face, or when your child reads while laying down.
While the lite version is a good addition to its range, students, business professionals and creatives will benefit a lot out of getting their hands on the Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro.
- THEATER-LIKE MULTIMEDIA: 10-inch tablet has a brilliant HD display with booming Dolby Atmos Audio and built-in dual-stereo front-facing speakers perfect for binge-watching TV and movies on-the-go
- TABLET FOR KIDS: Transform to a kids tablet with Lenovo Kid's Pack, including a shock-resistant bumper, blue-light screen filter and fun stickers; family sharing is now a breeze
- MULTI-ACCOUNT: With multi-user and multi-space functionality, switch to Productivity Mode and add the Lenovo Bluetooth keyboard for a 2-in-1 tablet
- HIGH PERFORMANCE ANDROID TABLET: Wifi tablet has a 64-bit Quad-core Snapdragon processor of up to 1.4 GHz, 2GB of RAM, plus an epic 20 hour battery life for seamless performance on any day-to-day tasks
- BOX CONTAINS: Lenovo Tablet Tab 4 10, Charger, USB Cable, Safety/Warranty Guide, Quick-Start Guide; perfect tablet for kids, work or play
I will give you two good reasons to pick this tablet up, if you can’t get any of the above tablets for some reason.
Budget and battery.
Lenovo Tab 4 gives you a battery life of up to 20 hours for uninterrupted use throughout the day.
It’s ridiculous, I know.
The 10.1 inch screen is sufficient enough for you to take notes, draw or doodle.
To expand the functionality further you can use accessories like wireless keyboards and smart styluses depending on how you want to use the tablet.
With Lenovo Tab 4 you can compartmentalize your system for use by different users.
It also features a kid’s mode in which you can dictate what files and documents are and are not accessible to your kids.
There are two storage versions available 16 GB and 32 GB and can be extended using a microSD card.
For students on a budget the Lenovo Tab 4 can truly fulfil most of your note-taking needs easily.
7. Amazon Fire HD 10
Let me give you one more budget option in this list of best tablets for OneNote and note-taking list.
The Amazon Fire HD 10 is actually a great tablet on budget, if you are ok with foregoing some aspects the absence of google play store.
It also features dual band Wi-fi to access the internet and other cloud-based services.
Fire HD 10 is available in two storage options of 32 GB and 64 GB both of which are expandable to 512 GB using microSD card if need be.
If you wish to use the tablet as true note-making device there are a wide variety of accessibility options available like support for braille displays, screen reader, high contrast fonts.
There is also closed captioning available for those with hearing loss.
In addition to all this, the awesome battery life of 12 hours makes this one of the best budget options for the best tablets for OneNote and note-taking.
- The Lenovo Tab M10 (HD) is one impressive family tablet; It is packed with powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 429, quad core, 2.0 GHz and supports fast connection with true 2.4 GHz/5 GHz WiFi Dual bands
- Inside lies an impressive 10.1” HD screen and dual front speakers for immersive entertainment impossibly contained within an extremely thin and light profile with rich sounds and visuals
- Plus, make it truly family-friendly by adding kids Pack and stylish folio case so lend it to your child, worry free
- This is one tablet you'll want to pass around the house; Add up to 256 micro SD additional storage to have everything you need all on your tablet
- A family friendly tablet with face recognition to unlock your tablet with multiple user profiles and pre loaded kids mode gives you peace of mind
Last but not the least let me conclude this list of best tablets for OneNote and note-taking by leaving you with my last budget tablet choice.
For people who are well versed with Android, the Lenovo Tab M10 is something they will appreciate.
It runs on android 9.0 and is powered by Snapdragon quad core processor for faster load times and responsiveness.
The 10.1 inch screen is sufficient real estate for taking notes and watching movies.
It also comes with an eye comfort mode which filters blue light to protect and comfort your eyes during long study sessions.
That’s when you indeed take long study sessions. 😛
Bluetooth connectivity ensures that you will be able to connect wireless keyboards and styluses for multiple note taking options.
There are two storage options available.
16GB and 32 GB with both expandable up to 256GB with microSDs.
The battery backup of 9 hours and facial recognition technology are some of the enticing features you may look forward to having.
As you must have observed the lines between tablets and laptops is thinning.
In the Microsoft surface event, we saw how clear Microsoft was in expressing that.
But still, tablets do have a special place in the tech world owing to their discreet usage scenarios and portability.
For students tablets are a must in my perception.
But how much of what you need is something you will have to arrive at yourself, or just comment your confusion in the comments section below. Let me see.
Once you have locked on to your needs all the best tablets for OneNote or Note-Taking are there on the list below.
Stay and subscribe to this blog so that we can have awesome discussions like these everyday.