The news for the release of the 5th generation of play station brought with it a lot of promises.
Rarely does it happen that a piece of tech delivers more than what it promises.
Sony has done a great job at keeping all promises except for one, keeping the PS5 in stocks.
So, much time has passed since its inception and to this day people have been having a hard time getting their hands on this gaming behemoth.
Well, I really know how Sony will address this problem, but I do know how I can address one of yours.
I have been seeing a lot of complaints or I guess they are queries. The queries regarding what are the best ps5 headset for glasses wearers.
Now, this is a very important topic to discuss I feel like. I don’t wear glasses but ironically, I still feel this urge to write an article on this particular topic.
The reasoning is pretty simple and obvious. This is a very important topic that in the research that I have done is talked about the least.
The first obvious topic that I thought to write up on is what are the best headsets for PS5. But doing a simple google search will list you a number of finely written articles on the topic.
So why not contribute some value to a very important group of gamers who also happen to use glasses when they work or game.
To be honest with you I have been meaning to write this article for a while now.
I have been procrastinating this article for so long, so today morning I thought let’s just get it done and put a rest to people’s doubts when it comes to choosing the best headphones for PS5 for glasses wearers.
Now, before I go into describing every single headphone and the pros and cons associated with them let me quickly relay to you my best picks for the top ps5 headset for glasses wearers.
So, let me begin this article by answering a very obvious question.
Can you wear headsets with glasses?
The answer is yes, you can definitely get headsets these days that sit comfortably on your head even if you have glasses on. With that said it is very important to do your research and find headsets that aren’t just comfy but also have the necessary adjustment mechanism.
But because you have done the awesome thing of landing on this particular article, I am going to take the research part away.
All you will now really need to do is pick one headset that fits your budget and you will be good.
I have taken into consideration, different factors like sound quality, budget, user reviews, adjustment mechanisms, comfort factor, forum inputs, manufacturer background check to pick these top 10 PS5 headphones for glasses wearers.
I understand that you may have many more questions that you may want to be addressed. I assure you as you navigate through the article and the different products that we are going to go through, you will have developed a good bit of comprehension of the topic.
Now I also know, some of you (my long-term readers, or otherwise too) may be in a bit of a hurry or maybe you trust me too much, *heart*, *heart*.
For you my lovely people, here are the best PS5 headsets for glasses wearers at a glance.
So, for those of you who want an in-depth analysis of everything that I just relayed, without delaying it any further let’s look at the best ps5 headset for glasses wearers
Best PS5 Headsets for Glasses Wearers
When it comes to headsets that you are going to use for gaming on your PS5 the top priority has to be comfort.
The obvious reasoning behind this is the fundamental fact that you are going to wear them for long stretches of time.
Add to that if you are a streamer, your source of income is deeply attached to the amount of time you spend in front of your screen.
So, I know there may be many people who will disagree with me but in cases of gaming and even so for gamers who have glasses comfort has to be at the top.
Thankfully, headphone manufacturers are aware of this and they are actively producing headsets that aren’t just comfortable but also have superior sound quality.
And the first option that, that is doing an exceptional job in bring comfort and sound quality together is,
- Designed for PlayStation 5 and also compatible with PlayStation 4, PC, Android, and Nintendo Switch
- Lossless 2.4 GHz wireless audio Designed for ultra-low latency gaming
- Discovered-certified clear cast bidirectional microphone
- Hear stunning detail in all next-gen games with award-winning sound
- 24-hour battery life outlasts even your longest gaming sessions
I am yet to find someone who has had a bad experience with this piece of tech.
Now I know Pulse 3D is the official finely tuned headset for the console but we are talking about the best PS5 headset for glasses wearers.
And from my research, I have had mixed inputs from users when it comes to comfort.
Most people love it but some have definitely had some issues with the headset being too tight.
But with Arctis P I am yet to hear any complaints.
Let me start with the gaming experience. Thanks to its USB dongle, latency is low which means you will never experience any kind of lag between audio and visual outputs.
The battery performance is better than anything I can find (24 hours between charges) and you can game at stretched online playing sessions without worrying about the juice running out.
Coming to comfort, the headsets have a soft fabric padding and a ski-band design for their headband. One of the big reasons why the headset is appreciated by glass wearers.
You also get the option to customize sound profiles in order to suit your preferences as its companion software offers many presets.
For people who give aesthetics a high place when it comes to device selection, the headsets won’t disappoint.
The whites, blacks, and the blues blend in harmoniously with each other the color scheme of the play station itself.
All in all, the best PS5 headset that you can get if you wear glasses.
Pulse 3D Wireless Headset
- Built for a new generation - Fine-tuned for 3D Audio on PS5 consoles. Enjoy comfortable gaming with refined earpads and headband strap. Play in style with a sleek design that complements the PS5 console. Available when feature is supported by game.
- Designed for gamers - Chat with friends through the hidden noise-cancelling microphones. Quickly adjust audio and chat settings with easy-access controls. Internet and account for PlayStation Network required.
- Take your adventures further - Enjoy up to 12 hours wireless play with the built-in rechargeable battery. Easily connect to your PS5 or PS4 console using the wireless adaptor. Connect to PS VR and mobile devices with the included audio cable. Built-in headset controls not supported on PS VR and mobile devices.
- Pulse 3D Wireless Headset PS5, PS4 and PC compatible.
Now what about the official torchbearer of the headset department.
Well, if not for choosing on the basis of comfort, user opinions, and the fact that we are looking at headsets for glass wearers, these official PS5 headsets from Sony would have made to the top of this list.
From the first looks of it, you may think that the headband may be fixed but its not. You can adjust it depending on your needs.
The earcups are soft, very comfortable and smartly conceal the microphones instead of having protruding out in the form of a boom mic.
The battery life isn’t as impressive as that of Arctis 7P but having 12 hours is no mean feat for a headset.
But the one feature for which Pulse 3D is attracting laurels is its capacity to tap into Tempest 3D audio in PS5 games that support it.
This takes the immersive experience to the next level by tracking origin of sounds in 3D space.
Because of this you hear things like spaceships zooming past your head in Astro or footsteps in the direction of travel in miles morales.
The tech is new but is showing a lot of promise, lets see how it gets adopted in upcoming games.
- Astro Audio V2: Immersive Audio and sound experience that delivers dialogue, music and in game sound clearly
- Dolby Audio: Dolby Audio delivers a cinematic, high resolution gaming audio experience
- Battery life: 15 plus hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Game: Voice balance: Gives the user total control over the mix of the game and chat Audio
- Astro command center software: The free Astro command center software gives players complete control over their audio experience, which includes voice communication and game Audio settings; Available on windows 10, Xbox 1 and Mac.
Astro A50s are one of the most loved headsets among gamers.
And there are numerous reasons why that is.
They offer a very comfortable foam base in their deep ear cups and a standard headband design that distributes the headset weight really well.
Similar to Arctis 7P you have the capability to modulate sound profiles but I found the default profile very satisfactory. But if you are very particular regarding your experience, you have EQ presets that you can change using the companion software.
The continuous battery life isn’t as potent as that of Arctis 7P, but it makes for it with other features and of course the raving reviews.
The microphone is also really good and does a good job in demarcating your voice from moderate ambient noise so that your teammates can hear you clearly.
Perfect blend of comfort, performance and design.
HyperX Cloud 2
- Designed for comfort: Exceptionally comfortable memory foam ear cushions and padded leatherette headband help keep you focused on gaming
- Supreme audio quality: Large 53 millimeter drivers provide high-quality audio. Hear in-game details better and get the in-game advantage on your opponents
- 7.1 virtual surround sound: Truly immerse yourself in your games with hardware-driven virtual 7.1 surround sound for precisely located audio
- Passive noise cancellation: The closed ear cup design blocks out outside distractions to keep you in the game
- Built to last: The solid, durable aluminum frame is built to withstand the blows of daily use
Headsets from HyperX have earned a very good reputation among gamers for their consistency in performance and design.
Keeping up with their reputation the cloud 2 iteration offers everything a HyperX product promises and more.
The audio quality is immersive and enriches your gameplay by relaying every slightest bit of sound. If you are into competitive gaming owning this headset will surely give you an edge over your opponents.
That being said how do these headsets fare when looked at from the context of the best PS5 headsets for glasses wearers.
Well, the Cloud 2’s are insanely comfortable. The padded earcups allow for gaming at lengthy stretches of time without causing any active discomfort.
The earcups are created out of memory foam and additionally provide you the option to swap the cushions to suit your preferences.
Now, HyperX doesn’t specifically say that they have created the design to accommodate glasses wearers.
But the level of comfort and adjustability the headset offers, users report that they are more than happy owning and using them.
Turtle Beach Stealth 700
- THE 3D AUDIO ADVANTAGE & NANOCLEAR SPEAKERS - Unleash the power of 3D Audio, delivering precise spatial surround sound for an immersive gaming experience on PS5; Refined internal acoustics house 50mm Nanoclear speakers to produce realistic sound imaging
- GEN 2 FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC - A larger, high-sensitivity, high performance mic improves chat clarity and conceals cleanly into the headset when muted
- SUPERHUMAN HEARING - Turtle Beach exclusive Superhuman Hearing sound setting lets you hear subtle, game-changing sounds so you can live up to 20% longer and win more. *Data from Turtle Beach Superhuman Hearing study conducted by Real Industry, May 2021
- GAME AND STAY CONNECTED WITH BLUETOOTH - Enjoy the ability to take mobile calls or listen to your own music simultaneously while gaming, ensuring you’ll never miss a moment of action
- VARIABLE MIC MONITORING - Hear and adjust your own voice while you chat with friends so you’re aware of your own volume and don’t have to shout
So, this is the first headset on the list where the manufacturers especially mention that the headset is glasses friendly.
This second generation of turtle beach 700s is designed with console gaming in mind. The battery improvement is one of the many obvious upgrades that turtle beach is bringing to the table.
Design is stylish too except for I feel the entire design is too much dependent on plastic. The good aspect of that is the headset is lighter thanks to it.
The headset fits snuggly on your head even if you wear glasses and offers premium synthetic leather for ear cushions to provide you with a comfortable plush experience while gaming.
Now as I mentioned that these headsets are comfortable with glasses. This is approved by the fact that the manufacturer uses this quality to market the product.
Keeping the ProSpecs design in mind the design is formulated such that wearing the headset won’t create any undue stress on your temple when you game using glasses.
Something that you wouldn’t get if you get a headset just for the sake of it. Because what separates a simple product from a quality one is the attention to little details.
The battery is long lasting and potent to give you long playing sessions.
Sound quality is exceptional and the delivery has rich bass, noise cancellation, superhuman hearing function that will create an immersive environment during playtime.
People do feel that the build could have been a little more durable, but I didn’t find anything that is a deal breaker in terms of design or style.
For me it ticks all boxes when it comes to choosing the best PS5 headset for glasses wearers.
HyperX Cloud Alpha
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers for more distinction and less distortion
- Signature award winning HyperX comfort
- Durable aluminum frame with expanded headband
- Detachable braided cable with convenient in line audio control
- Detachable noise cancellation microphone
Keeping true to the motive of manufacturing great headsets the Cloud Alphas offer everything that you might expect from a HyperX headset and more.
One other thing that you will find when you have the headset in your hands is that it feels more premium keeping in context what you pay.
In addition to having a premium look, feel and design to it, the cloud alphas are also the first headsets from HyperX to feature the company’s proprietary Dual Chambers driver system.
Its task is to separate bass from mids and treble thereby keeping higher sound frequencies clear and detailed.
And above all, the design and style is created such that it aids in comfort and allows for long gaming sessions without causing discomfort even if you wear glasses.
Razer Blackshark V2 Pro
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Brand: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service: Gaming Keyboards, Gaming Mice, Gaming Headsets, Gaming Peripherals; Based on dollar sales, Jan-Sept. 2021 combined
- THX 7.1 Surround Sound Capable: Provides industry-leading audio realism for in-game immersion by providing accurate spatial audio information beyond standard 7.1 surround sound directional cues
- 2 Modes of Connection: Enjoy lossless audio for low-latency wireless gaming with Razer HyperSpeed Wireless, or choose to game in wired mode with its removable 3.5mm jack
- All-Day Comfort: Soft breathable memory foam ear cushions that prevent overheating and pressure build-up
- Triforce Titanium 50mm High-End Sound Drivers: Outfitted with cutting-edge, 50mm drivers divided into 3 parts for individual tuning of highs, mids, and lows
One of my absolute favorites. In addition to offering a lot of comfort to glass wearers the Razer BlackShark V2 Pro Wireless holds its ground on most performance parameters.
The headset produces a balanced sound and makes it usable for tasks other than gaming too like watching movies, listening to music etc.
The mic response is decent and has visible improvement over the wired version of the same headset.
Similar to Arctis 7P the headset boasts 24-hour battery life which directly translates to interruption free gaming sessions.
Sound profiles can be modulated to meet your demands. You can use the Razer Synapse software to customize headset EQ or you can use it to experience THX 7.1 surround sound.
In addition to offering a myriad of features the headset is very comfortable for glasses wearers.
I found the headset to be a bit heavy than its wired counterpart, I have hardly found any user complaining about it.
The comfort is partly infused because of the overall design and partly due to the materials involved. The earcups are created out of memory foam that help disperse any pressure on your glasses, head and ears.
Razer has developed the habit of creating premium quality products and it i9s safe to say it has done the same with BlackShark V2 pros.
Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
- BUILT-IN ADVANCED 7.1 VIRTUAL SURROUND SOUND: Delivers immersive surround sound with pinpoint accuracy
- LOUDER AND CLEARER THAN EVER: Outfitted with large 50 mm drivers custom tuned for balanced and crystal-clear in-game audio and communication
- CUT ALL NOISE: Fully retractable microphone with active noise-cancellation* ensures crystal clear communcation. *Noise-cancellation only available on PC
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE: Made of Bauxite aluminum, the entire frame is lightweight, flexible, and incredibly durable
- OVAL EAR CUSHIONS: Designed for full-ear coverage, perfect for long-wearing comfort.Input power: 30 mW (Max)
Now if you wear glasses and demand that your headset must be elegant, comfortable, simple and offers excellent sound quality, Razer Kraken is what will satisfy you.
They don’t have a fancy angle to them but that doesn’t mean they are any less potent.
The Krakens also feature indented slots or eyewear channels that consequently aids in relieving any pressure that may get created as a result of wearing glasses.
As far as sound and microphone quality is concerned the Krakens are nothing short of being excellent.
The microphone relayed voice is crisp, clear and fulfils your communication needs in a very precise sense.
Experienced ears will understand that the enhanced bass and surround sound give a hint that the headset is created with war and competitive shooting games in mind.
But I found the immersive experience very enriching in AAA titles and story-based games as well.
In essence, Razer is doing a lot of justice to gamer demands when it comes to its products which includes headsets of course.
You can’t go wrong with these.
Sennheiser GSP 500
- Bundle Includes: 1 x Sennheiser GSP 500 Gaming Headset | 1 x Wall Power Adapter Cube | 1 x Microfiber Cleaning Cloth | 1 x Dust Blower
- UNRIVALED AUDIO FIDELITY: GSP 500 is an open-back acoustic gaming headset that offers an incredibly natural and spatial sound. To allow you to get truly immersed in the superb audio detail and dynamics of the game.
- SUPREME COMFORT: The ergonomic design of the breathable soft ear pad mirrors the shape of the ear to enhance wearing comfort. As well as improving sound reproduction, the open design of the GSP 500 helps keeping ears cool.
- CRYSTAL-CLEAR COMMUNICATION: The bendable boom arm can be adjusted exactly to your needs in to avoid any breathing sounds. To mute the mic, simply lift the boom arm and you're off the air!
- MULTI-PLATFORM COMPATIBLE: GSP 500 comes with exchangeable cables for use on multiple platforms, such as PC, Mac, as well as consoles with a 3.5mm jack input.
True to its name this headset offers everything you would expect from a premium Sennheiser product.
The build quality is fantastic, the audio is of stellar quality, the comfort quality is optimal and if you chose to pick this one I can guarantee that the headset will last for years.
Just picking it up you can feel the durability it offers.
Some users say that the headset is a bit heavy and they aren’t wrong but not all people consider that as a deal breaker.
Some people like the feeling of a heavy headset on their head while some find it uncomfortable. To each their own I guess, but in terms comfort I will rate it a bit below other options that I have suggested.
Full marks on durability though. The padding on the headband has split design which can feel think for some people but at the same time the headband is adjustable which will help reduce if not completely alleviate any discomfort.
Now what happens when we bring glasses into the picture.
While Sennheiser isn’t explicitly promising any thing in particular but users report that they don’t experience any distress while using them with glasses on.
The earcups are ergonomic and you can perceive that a lot of attention has gone into creating them.
The combination of sound quality and the microphone output is just fantastic in this headset. Better than some of the premium options that I have enlisted above.
Among many performances feature the one that stands out is the open back acoustic design which enhances the overall clarity and quality of in-game audio.
You really can’t go wrong with Sennheiser audio products, and for the little drawbacks, they offer other features that more than make up for it.
Hyper X Cloud Flight
- Gaming grade 2.4GHz wireless connection, with up to 30 hours of battery life
- Signature HyperX comfort and immersive in game audio
- Durable, adjustable steel slider
- PC, PS4, and PS4 Pro ready
- 90° rotating ear cups with LED lighting effects
Last but not the least let me end this list of the best PS5 headsets for glasses wearers by relaying yet another HyperX headset.
The cloud flights are an excellent pick for gaming headsets that offer a nice blend of balanced and excited sound profile.
When looked at with other HyperX headsets that we have discussed here this model may not feel as durable but that doesn’t mean they feel cheap or aren’t comfortable.
As a matter of fact, people with glasses who have used these headphones report that they feel very comfortable with glasses on and provide excellent battery life.
The simple design and the fact that the microphone is detachable makes the headset very viable to be used for tasks other than gaming like music, watching videos etc.
The microphone is excellent and does a great job at blocking out ambient background noise.
So, if you are looking for something that has simplicity and potency written all over it, these are the headsets to choose.
That was my comprehensive list of the best PS5 headsets for glasses wearers.
I hope you were able to lock in one and have already ordered them.
Usually I keep list posts like these short as I think too many options may confuse the reader but I haven’t followed the principle with this topic.
The reason being not all headsets serve all heads equally. I don’t know if that makes sense.
You see the head sizes are different, glasses are different the frame on the glasses are different. Therefore, I had to keep this list of the best PS5 headsets for glasses wearers comprehensive and exhaustive enough that it covers the need of everyone reading this article.
In that direction, If I have fall short do let me know in the comments section below.
Or if you have any other query associated with tech, I would be more than happy to answer them over the email or in the comments below.
Take great care of yourselves and I will see you in the next one!